Hurakia – Island Time or Adventure Time
Activities available on and around Hurakia are plentiful.
Relish in what’s on offer on the island, or treat yourself to one of the many scenic or adventure excursions further afield.
Please note all activities off the island and any premium activities arranged will incur additional charges. Please discuss your preferred activities with us.
On the Island
- Soak in the view from the outdoor lap pool and spa or be invigorated with an infrared health sauna.
- Stimulate the mind with the selection of books, DVDs and games on offer in the library – internet access is also available.
- Wine tastings can be arranged on request. (Premium Activity)
- Explore by mountain bike, walking track and kayak or try your hand at fishing off the fertile reefs accessible by foot with our lodge fishing guide "Ox".
- Pamper yourself with one of the many beauty and wellbeing or cosmetic enhancement packages available – prior booking is required. (Premium Activity)
- Plant a native New Zealand tree at Hurakia in memory of your stay, or to help offset your carbon-footprint. (Premium Activity)
Off the Island
On the Water
- Enjoy a charter boat trip with local expert "Ox".
- For the adventurous, deep-sea and heli-fishing charters are available.
- Head out on a dolphin and whale-watching trip in the Hauraki Gulf.
- Have a hands-on America’s Cup Sailing Experience crewing (or relaxing) in an authentic Cup yacht.
Our very own colourful and hi-energy "Del" will offer you a personalised programme from her "Hurakia Olympics". Indoor activites include Cocktail Challenge, One Minute of Fame (dancing) and "Croquembouche Cooking Challenge".
In the Air
- Take a scenic helicopter flight and experience the finest cuisine on offer at restaurants around the Hauraki Gulf.
On the Ground
- Explore the Islands
Launch charter is available to surrounding islands. Discover the delectable cuisine and award winning wines produced on Waiheke Island. Explore Tiritiri Matangi Island and see some of New Zealand’s most endangered birds and rare wildlife, or enjoy the activities on offer at recreational reserve, Motuihe Island, including the chance to be involved in the ongoing eco-restoration.
- Tee Off
If golf is your game you’ll be spoilt for choice with a number of world-renowned courses close by. Discuss your preference with us.
Wine tasting,vineyards,boutique restaurants are all available on Waiheke, a short 10 minute water taxi trip away.
Make a Booking Now